Waterford Civic Association voluntary annual dues are $60 per household, which has been set to be affordable for most households. Funds collected are used to positively influence the neighborhood by hosting seasonal social events, making improvements at the community entrance, and maintaining the entrance grounds.
For the 2017/2018 fiscal year, approximately $4,700 was collected from about 78 of 205 Waterford households, which is a 38% contribution rate for the third year in a row.
The reason for such a consistently low contribution rate remains unclear, but we will continue to stress the importance of paying dues. Here are the reasons why:
- Savings: Savings allows us to plan for capital improvements such as a new irrigation system at the entrance. It can also help pay for unexpected events, such as fallen trees or accidental damage.
- Maintenance: A nice front entrance enhances the look of Waterford and adds value to our homes.
- Social Events: They encourage a sense of community and give us the opportunity to interact with neighbors throughout Waterford.
We also recognize that some families may choose to donate time in lieu of dues, and that is also greatly appreciated. For those who have donated other resources this past year, we thank you for your help!
Where does our money go?
- Capital Improvements – $0.00 0% 0%
- Maintenance/Repairs – $2,355.43 75.74% 75.74%
- Utilities – $484.08 12% 12%
- Insurance – $403.40 10% 10%
- Community Relations – $0.00 0% 0%
- Newsletter/Misc – $91.09 2.26% 2.26%
2019/2020 Association Dues are due on November 2, 2019.
Pay your Dues via Check
You may drop off a check at Jennifer Wiggin’s house, 2901 Sable Road, or at Kim Wright Sebrell’s house, 12102 Waterford Way Place. Please put a $60 check ($50 for members who do not wish to contribute to social events) made payable to Waterford Civic Association in an envelope and leave it the mailbox.